Friday, April 10, 2009

Decisions, decisions

Still undecided on domestic or international adoption. Still getting advice from any resources we can. Frankly the biggest issue right now I think is money. South Korea would be roughly 15k more and we aren't exactly spending our evenings doing sidestrokes through our room filled with gold coins (Duck Tales is full of lies, people!). On the one hand, you can't really put a price on a human life and if we felt strongly enough about it, we can take out loans and save as much as we can manage. On the other, I have to be realistic about it. Doesn't do much good to raise the money and have none left to support the kid with when he/she arrives.

Anyway, to reward you for your opinions in advance, I give you this dose of aggressive cuteness:

1 comment:

  1. I'm not there yet with adoption, so take this for what little it's worth, but unless I felt definitely called to adopt a Korean child and swallow the $15K as a sacrifice, I would be unwilling to spend an ADDITIONAL $15K on something as already-expensive as adoption. (And I would be totally unwilling to do it on debt, but I'm MUCH more, er, fiscally conservative than a lot of the IF gang.) If you don't spend that money now, you'll have the option down the road of adopting another little one or two if you decide it's the right thing to do, which may make a big difference to the lives of your kiddos (and you).

    ReplyDelete