Monday, December 29, 2008

Uh...what???

I know it's rather typical for the infertile crowd to have inappropriate things said to them, and I am sure that my stories are not the worst there are, but I have some doozies!

There is a crazy pharmacist that we have had run-ins with on several occasions. The first time went a little something like this:

It was 8 am on day 3 of my cycle and I needed to go pick up my second round of Clomid since I was supposed to start it that day. I drag myself out of bed and head to the pharmacy, give them the usual 10-15 minutes (read: at least half hour) to put 5 pills into a child-safe plastic container (oh the irony!). When I go to pick up my meds the pharmacist, lets call him Nutty McWhatthehell, hold the bottle to his ear and says,
"Shhhhh....you hear that?"
I respond with an eloquent "Uhh....huh???"
"I hear three babies crying!"



I wish I could say I said something both biting and snarky that put him in his place, but sadly I was too shocked that he said anything like that. I merely put my tail between my legs, paid my bill, and went home to regale my husband with the odd encounter. The worst part? This is not the only story of Nutty McWhatthehell...there is another, but you will have to wait to hear that one.

So here is our current cycle and where we are in it.
The Plan: Round 1 of IUI- 100 mg Clomid on cd 3-7, ultrasound on day 13*, IUI day after positive ovulation test
Where we are: Today is cd 10, so I begin taking ovulation tests twice a day...this morning-nada.

*this time, we will have to do it on cd 14 since 13 is New Years Day...apparently Dr Awesome would prefer to ring in the new year away from my uterus...what a jerk!

No comments:

Post a Comment