Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dear 2008

I know we had our good moments. Of course, given enough chances anyone can have a good moment or two, so I'm afraid that is not really anything for you to brag about. Look, lets face it...you sucked most of the time. You are a selfish whore who doesn't care who she hurts. I know some people really liked you. Hell, you managed to bring pregnancies and babies to tons of people, most of whom I somehow know or see walking around the neighborhood all the effing time. It takes a special kind of whore to rub things like that in people's faces, and you are that whore.

I've decided to move on. We were never destined to care much for each other, and it would be a huge lie to act like we ever really cared for one another. How about this, you can hang around with the people who you didn't screw over 12 times, and I'll move on to a new year that has the chance of making me happy. Better yet, I'm just not going to pin my happiness to what a year does or doesn't bring to me. I'll just be happy because I chose to be. Maybe 2009 (yes, that's the year I am moving on to...I believe you have met) will bring a pregnancy, an adoption, a hysterectomy, or a few horsemen to move things along in a much more permanent manner. The point is, I don't know how 2009 and I will get along, but I am ready to move on to a new year and leave our wasted time together in the past.

Please don't try to contact me. There's nothing you can say at this point that will change my decision. I'll leave your stuff on the curb for you to pick up when you want to. Perhaps someday we can look back on our time together with a degree of happiness, but that day is not now. I really do hope you can find a way to quit being so hateful to people, but I guess it's true that you can't change a year.

Best Wishes,

That Infertile (because you made me that way) Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment