Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hey thumb...screw you!

Not even a day into the new year and I manage to damage myself further. Allow me to explain:
Me- Hey, I need to cut up some food. Since I do that on a daily basis it surely can't be anything I need to pay close attention to.
Kitchen knife- Wait...you aren't watching me...and I'm thirsty for blood! My time has come!
My thumb- Hmmm....I feel too long and heavy...maybe I should just take a nap beneath this shiny silver thing.
My nerve endings- MOTHER F^&#%$@!!!!!!!!!!

Yup...I cut the tip of my thumb off. Nothing major...no stitches or anything. I cut about 80% of the way through the skin and nail about a centimeter down More of an inconvenience than a serious tragedy. But still...does not inspire confidence in myself. Yay 2009!

So I go in for my ultrasound tomorrow and we'll see if any follies have decided to cooperate. Still no ovulation, which is good since it would have screwed up the IUI schedule.

I keep going back and forth on how I feel about all this. One second I am excited about it all, the next I start panicking about how we are going to afford all this and if we are just wasting our time. I don't know whether to tell myself that this is going to work, or to prepare myself for another disappointment. What to do, what to do? Seriously...I am totally open to suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your ultrasound later today.

    I found your blog through Mel's LFCA. I know how hard the struggle with infertility can be and I'd like to do something for you. Someone was kind enough to gift me with a pre-order of Mel's book and I would like to pay it forward by pre-ordering one for you. To do so, I would need to get a mailing address for you. If you could email me and let me know your feelings on this, I would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the extremely sweet offer. I'm going to have to pass on the offer for a couple reasons:
    1- I would rather maintain my anonymity since I write a bunch about family and friends on here. Teh interwebs are not to be trusted!
    2- Mostly, the book comes out in June (looks awesome, btw!) and by then I will be having to re-evaluate what we are going to do (adopt, hysterectomy, etc.). Basically, when it comes out, I hope to not be dealing with the IF so much.
    Thanks again! Maybe someone else who comes here would like to take Kristin up on her generous offer?

    ReplyDelete