Friday, January 2, 2009

Underwhelmed

So the ultrasound is done and the verdicts is:



Right ovary showed some small follicles, left showed one good folly. I guess I should be pleased to have one good potential egg, but I was really hoping for 2 or 3 (as was Dr Awesome). He still sounded positive about our chances of success, so we are going ahead with the IUI. A big scabby thumbs up to my ovaries. Guess they got the message from my uterus to just take it easy.

I know it only takes one egg, but honestly, after so long I can't imagine this working. I feel like we're going through the motions because that is what you do. Dr. A did tell me that if I don't ovulate in the next 2 days or so there is a good chance that the other follies will catch up, but I honestly think he was saying that to make me feel better and not because he actually thought that would really happen. Oh well...guess we'll see. Anyone have success with only one follicle?

3 comments:

  1. I'm here from the LFCA and want to welcome you to the IF blog world! I'm pretty new at this myself. Sorry I don't have any experience with IUI's, but good luck and I do hope you have success with one follicle!
    makingmemom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't make any IUI or IVF recommendations. But, I do want to wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the well wishes! I'm hoping that the couple more days I had before ovulation may have let a couple more catch up. Either way, it only really takes one, I guess.
    Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete