Friday, January 9, 2009

Gone for a while

First, let me say I am surprised that anyone reads this blog, myself included. Thanks for all the kind comments and well wishes. I assure you they get through my hard candy shell, right to the slightly less hard center.

So, I'm off to take a much needed vacation. W00T!
I'll be back with some funny stories in a week. Until then, enjoy another tale of our crazy pharmacist, Nutty McWhatthehell.

So for my third round of clomid, the boy opted to pick up the prescription. Mostly, I was feeling lazy, but I joked that I didn't want to deal with the crazy pharmacist. I didn't actually think he would be there, let alone say anything.

After about 20 minutes, the boy called and says, "You are never picking up your prescriptions here again." Basically, what happened was this:

Nutty- "May I help you?"
TB- "Yeah, I need to pick up a refill of Clomid."
Nutty- "Wait....you're not supposed to need this three months in a row."
TB- "Uh.....what?"
Nutty- *insert random story about people that have gotten pregnant with multiple kids while on Clomid*
TB- "You know, it's really not--"
Nutty- "So just keep that in mind."

He then continues to tell some other random story, all while The Boy is trying to politely leave and not talk about this with some geriatric whack job. Finally, he pays for the pills of happy ovary tilling and as he is walking out, Nutty says "Good luck this time!!!"

Now, keep in mind, this is all happening with a line of people within easy ear shot. Can you say:

I know you can.

3 comments:

  1. I love you blog, your stories are really good :) and from the heart.

    I think you should tell Nutty to go **** off - how rude can that man be?

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trolling again for some worth-reading IVF blogs and came across yours. It is hands down the best. Busted a gut laughing, which is what infertile people could use, not more of the usual blah, blah, blah. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't bust a gut laughing. You need that for precious baby holding!
    Thanks both of you for the comments!

    Oh, btw...I went back 2 more times hoping to run into Nutty and tell him to *** himself in the ear (filthy and quite difficult to do...double whammy!) but haven't seen him since. Maybe he got fired for telling someone good luck with their VD.

    ReplyDelete