Sunday, January 4, 2009

IUI is on

We are go for IUI. OPK came back positive this morning, so we are scheduled for the IUI tomorrow. I suppose I figured that my uterus would try to thwart my plans once again and build some sort of barricade to not allow any ovulation to occur. Apparently not.

It's strange, but even though I have read many peoples experiences with all this, I still can't believe that we are doing all this. It's extremely surreal.

Predictions for tomorrow:
-I will spend the entire time trying to not laugh in the andrology department, cause I am immature.
- I will be incredibly glad that the RE's office does not carry any Conceive magazines to teach me about hot, hot pregnancy sex.
- I will spend the entire day, and subsequent 2 weeks convinced that if I really think that this succeeded it will jinx it, so the secret is to not think it worked, which will make me think I am incredibly clever because I managed to use reverse psychology on the universe. The universe is not so easily tricked, however, so I really won't get pregnant despite my ingenious plan.
-That guy I live with will make some joke after the fact asking if the insemination was satisfying.
- I will tell him that I "had all kinds of orgasms"* from the procedure.

Wish me luck!

*points for whoever can identify the quote!

No comments:

Post a Comment