Thursday, February 12, 2009

To test or not to test

You know the rest. Basically, I have run into the dilemma that frequently happens as you round the end of the infamous two week wait: whether or not to bother with a pregnancy test. Honestly, I don't think I am pregnant. I have no symptoms whatsoever. Besides, the likelihood of finally getting pregnant on our last shot is just a little too Rudy for me to get excited about. I feel like I should go out with a bang or something, though. I mean, infertility has reamed me of a couple thousand dollars now, shouldn't it steal another $20 before if gives me the finger and leaves? Plus, with Valentines just 2 days away, I wonder if I don't need one more holiday to hate (Note: I am rather ambivalent to Valentines day...The Boy and I probably wont do anything special for it, just hang out at home and watch a movie or something). So time to weigh in. I think I will let teh interwebs decide for me. Leave me a comment voting if I should test or not, and when to do it.

Looks like The Boy's boys have decided to step it up. Concentration is still around 150 million, but morphology is at 41 (last time was 20) and motility is 90% (up from 65%). He's totally bragging about his sperm all over the office.

I realized that it's been a bit since I provided an entertaining story, so here is a hilarious tidbit from my HSG. So I do the whole showing up, stripping down and waiting in various waiting rooms for my turn to get injected with spooky glow in the dark dye. I have to admit, the day-glo loving child that I once was is super excited about the prospect of this whole new level of incandescence. After all, maybe when the lights go out tonight I will be able to make my own Laser Floyd show and charge an admission fee...maybe. So I get called back into the x-ray room and, apparently, the fancy new hospital didn't decide it was necessary to pony up the money for some stirrups. Goody! Not only must I assume the position, but now I have to use my muscles to keep my legs up, while relaxing my muscles at the same time. Awesome!

The technician is setting up stuff before treating my insides like his own personal game of Pac Man and I am trying to get situated on the table, covering my girly bits with a thin sheet before the grand unveiling. So it's finally time, and the tech rolls his chair over to my nether bits and right as he takes a look he says, "Oh come on! What the hell?!?" Um...what? He realizes quickly how this looks and blushes. Then he tried to keep his babbling to a minimum and says, "Oh, not you...I mean...um...you're fine...it's just the stupid sheet always slips and falls down and....yeah." I just laugh and tell him that I'm glad things appear ok because I've never had a complaint before.

Now who's the innappropriate one?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, my dr. appointments are never that interesting! I'm conflicted about whether you should test. I would say yes, but I'm the least patient person ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, it's your mystery relative...you know who I am! ;) The next time I see you, I'm going to say, "Oh come on! What the hell!" Hee hee... Anyway, I also vote for testing, because contrary to the person commenting above, I am actually the least patient person ever. :) And you know you'll still be wondering in the back of your mind if you don't do it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...on the one hand, I always told myself that the money really was wasted, because I was going to know soon enough anyway. On the other hand...in months when I really had my hopes up...it was so hard NOT to test. And those darn things are EXPENSIVE.

    So I don't know - I would say, no. Don't test. And ideally, you won't find out until after Valentine's Day anyway, and then you won't really hate the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you haven't already...I personally would test & I actually did 10 DPO. Looks like we are on the same cycle...that is if I calculated correctly. I finally broke down and ordered HPTs in bulk online. I test even when we haven't done the deed during ovulation(thats how pathetic I am)!

    ReplyDelete